Filipino Phrases: How to Argue, Use Slang, and More! 1.0

Category: Education
Price: $4.99 (iTunes)

Description:

Do you want to learn how "to argue" in Filipino/Tagalog? Do you want to understand some of the things folks may be saying about you (both good and bad)? How about understanding some slang and local sayings that have simply flown past you a lot of times? What about some phrases to handle everyday situations? Filipino Phrases will help you through it all!!

With this product, you will be able to learn over 700 of these types of phrases. Those new to the language will get a quick primer on phrases that would normally fly right by them. You'll learn to recognize these popular phrases as they are spoken. After a little practice by listening to the native speaker, you'll sound like a pro. Your friends and acquaintances will be amazed!!

In addition to those phrases, I've included over 400 "standard" phrase book phrases and over 200 "essential" words for a number of common situations. No phrase book on Filipino would be complete without them.

Here's what to expect:
=================
Included in this product are:

1. An almost 1200 item phrase book and over 200 select words spread out over eleven (11) categories:

- Basics
- Greetings/Thank You/Goodbye
- Food and Drinks
- Health and Emergency
- Weather
- Money and Shopping
- Love and Dating
- Comments and Observations
- Arguments
- Travel and Directions
- Hotels

Listen to the native speaker speak each word or phrase!! Practice along!!

2. A global search function to allow for easy lookup in English or Filipino. (Partial words/phrases are allowed)

3. A 'Quiz Me' game that tests you on random phrases/words in the phrase book.

4. A 'Teach Me 1" random phrase display screen so that you can learn a new phrase at random without the distraction or stress of seeing a long phrase list.

Here's what NOT to expect:
====================
DON'T EXPECT R RATED (OR WORSE) PHRASES IN THIS PHRASEBOOK. In my opinion, I'd rate this app's phrases at PG. You'll find a lot of the included phrases/words at typical friends and family gatherings, movies, and everyday life. Even though there are no R rated expressions, you'll be able to hold your own in many everyday situations.

Please note that many of the "standard phrase book type phrases" that I've also included in this phrase book will probably be spoken only in those particular situations.

Filipino Phrases has ready-to-use phrases for many situations. When combined with the Conversational Tagalog app(available on iTunes as well), Conversational Tagalog will give you a better understanding of the underlying meaning of these phrases, some substitute words from its wide vocabulary, and ways to modify the phrases to suit your particular situation. The newest version of Conversational Tagalog (v. 1.3) will be coming soon!!

Requires OS Version 2.2 on the iPhone, iPhone 3G or iPod Touch Second Generation.

Filipino Phrases: How to Argue, Use Slang, and More!

更多...