PDA

瀏覽完整版本 : HELP!! cannot connect via USB, even charge power

chongdsl
03-01-2008, 00:15
Upgrade from 1.1.2 (using turbo SIM) to 1.1.3 by ziphone 2.4, everything all right unless cannot connect via USB, now cannot sync, cannot charge, except using the charger, HELP!

Niner
03-01-2008, 01:07
I don't quite understand what your problem is. You now have a jailbroken and activated 1.1.3 iPhone, and it functions well, except USB connection, is this right? What do you mean "cannot connect via USB"? When you plug in USB, connect iPhone to the computer, and open iTunes, does iTunes recognize the iPhone? If not, please restart your computer and make sure you have latest version of iTunes.

Since you can charge your iPhone via USB cable + charger, I think the USB cable is no problem. The problem may come from your computer.

chongdsl
03-04-2008, 00:06
Thanks for replying, actually, I can't do anything with my iphone after connect with the USB cable to any computer, either with itunes or not... since tried by my colleague (both windows and mac OS the same), really hopless!

Niner
03-04-2008, 05:58
I will suggest you restore your iPhone and unlock it again.

chongdsl
03-04-2008, 13:32
without USB connection (cannot connected to any computer), pls advise how to perform restore?

Niner
03-05-2008, 01:45
1. Make sure your USB cable is no problem. Borrow someone else's iPhone USB cable, and connect your iPhone to your computer. If it works, this means your USB cable is damaged. Go buy a new one.

1a. Maybe you can clean up your computer and reinstall the latest version of iTunes. Then reboot your computer.

2. If your USB cable is good, and you still can't connect your iPhone with your computer, try to make iPhone enter DFU mode. When in DFU mode, connect iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. If iTunes can find your iPhone, you can proceed RESTORE step. If not, please reply what's condition you see.

Also, you better correct your iPhone info of your signature, and I would like to know what options you used by ZiPhone. The more info the better we can find the reason. So, please provide your computer (PC or Mac), operation system, iTunes' version, and your iPhone info.

You can try one way or the other to check which part went wrong: USB or iPhone. Even nothing works after all, you still can return it to Apple store.

ps. READ 新手發問注意事項 before you post.

chongdsl
03-06-2008, 02:33
Both your option had been tried, and not sure DFU mode means recovery mode or not, but also no response on every compture (means USB can identify the iphone), my iphone keep at recovery mode only, since my iphone is "water good" from HK, I don't think I can bring it back to apple shop for help!

Niner
03-06-2008, 05:43
DFU is not recovery mode. You can find how to enter DFU mode here (https://iphone4.tw/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3246) (Read Step 1). When you enter DFU successfully, there is no picture or sign on iPhone, which means iPhone screen is blank.

Please make sure you use correct DFU mode and REALLY update your iTunes to the latest version.

Reboot your computer and reboot your iPhone (if you know how to do that). Try again.

chongdsl
03-07-2008, 11:51
I don't think you'll believe my iphone can enter DFU mode, after I saw black screen and release the power button with home button pressed, but nothing comes out from the iphone, even my itunes (itunes 7) didn't comes out with "USB device not recognized" error on my computer only

Niner
03-07-2008, 12:10
Well, now I suspect that probably you messed up when doing ZiPhone unlocking. What options did you use when unlocking your iPhone by ZiPhone?

Again, I still want to know if your iPhone USB cable is good. I didn't get confirmative answer from your previous posts. Is your iPhone USB cable good (no damage), yes or no?

chongdsl
03-07-2008, 13:41
Sorry sorry, first of all, USB cable checked and confirm no problem since I've tried to use on my wife's iphone as usual, and the option I've selected is for sure that "Do it all" on ziphone

Niner
03-08-2008, 01:17
I suggest you to post you question in Hackint0sh.org forum. You can get help if someone out there has same problem as yours.

chongdsl
03-10-2008, 09:35
By the way, thanks for those advise as I also tried out all the way, finally I bring it back to the shop and ask them to check and repair for me, really nothing can do on it as can't turn it on anymore, thanks again for all your support.

chongdsl
03-26-2008, 10:18
I got my iphone back, finally pay HKD600 for replacement of the charging part,..... APPLE! The only thing who killing my $$.....