消息來源
 白蘋果急救室 同文刊登...

Siri Tollerød,挪威名模,與本篇文章其實沒有關係。
在前幾天的Technori Pitch會議中,被Apple以2億美金收購的語音技術公司「Siri」的創辦人之一Dag Kittlaus在會議中敘述了關於Siri的一些趣事,例如Siri的命名由來……
So Siri means in Norwegian, "beautiful woman who leads you to victory".
I worked with a lady named Siri in Norway and wanted to name my daughter Siri and the domain was available. And also consumer companies need to focus on the fact that the name is easy to spell, is easy to say…
Siri在挪威語的意思是「引領你往勝利前進的美麗女性」。
我曾經在挪威與一位名字叫做Siri的女性工作,同時我也想要將我的女兒取名為Siri、此外,網域名稱也剛好可以使用。而對於消費性產品公司的一個事實是,名字要能容易拼寫、容易發音……
不過Kittlaus第一個出生的孩子是男孩,所以Siri目前還沒能用的上。
根據Kittlaus的說法,Steve Jobs當時並不喜歡Siri這個名稱。雖然Kittlaus極力勸說Jobs,讓他相信Siri是個好名字,不過Jobs仍然想找一個更好的名稱代替。不過在一直找不到比「Siri」更好的名字之下,最終還是沿用了Siri這個名字。而類似的故事,其實也發生在iMac與iPod上。
此外,Kittlaus也敘述了Apple在2010年初收購Siri的故事……
Three weeks after we launched I got a call in the office from someone at Apple that said, "Scott Forstall wants to talk to you and he's the head software guy."
And I said sure…
Only it wasn't Scott that called it was Steve. And Steve never announces where he's gonna be and what he's gonna do because there's too much commotion around it. So he said, "Dag, this is Steve Jobs."
And he wanted me to come over to his house the next day, and I did, and I spent 3 hours with him in front of his fireplace having this surreal conversation about the future.
And, you know, he talked about why Apple was going to win, and we talked about how Siri was doing. And he was very excited about the fact that.. you know, he was very interested in this area in general but, you know, they're patient, they don't jump on anything until they feel they can go after something new and he felt that we cracked it. So that was his attraction.
I ended up very lucky, timing wise. I got to work with him for a year before he got real sick. And he's pretty incredible. The stories are true. All of the stories.
在我們正式推出Siri的三個星期後,我接到了來自Apple的電話,對方說:
「Scott Forstall是我們的軟體總負責人,他想要跟你談談。」
而我說沒問題……
不過打電話的人並不是Scott,而是Steve。Steve從不會說他想要怎樣或是想怎麼做,因為只要他在,就會引起很大的騷動。所以他只是簡單地說:「Dog,我是Steve Jobs。」
他想要我隔天到他家裡,於是我去了,並花了三個小時與Steve在他家的壁爐前展開了一場關於未來的對話。
如同大家所知的,他談到Apple為何會獲勝,而我們也討論了Siri在其中將扮演的角色。他對這件事非常地興奮……你知道的,他對這塊領域一直充滿興趣,不過他們很有耐心,他們在確定某個新東西真的能管用之前絕不會跳進去做,而他覺得我們已經把這個玩意給破解了。這就是他的魅力。
最後我非常地幸運、也在恰好的時機做出了明智的決定。讓我能在Steve Jobs重病之前,與他一起工作一年的時間。他真的是一個不可思議的人。這個故事是真的,所有都是。
Kittlaus到去年十月為止一直在Apple內工作。之後他決定回到芝加哥與家人更親近,同時探索其他的機會。
via iOnApple/ Steve Jobs wasn't a fan of the Siri name