1. I lost al my contacts on my iPhone and I haven t backed it up in months. But I recently did plug my iPhone into iTunes. Would that have my contacts on it? - Asked by: Audrey23

2. I lost my i phone 4 in a crash and i cant rember any thing about the crash is there a way to find it? - Asked by: Lyndon

If you like the above Audrey & Lyndon, your iPhone crashed and lost your contacts, what can you do next? Of course, you want to restore iPhone contacts after crash from iTunes backup or iCloud backup, the important thing is how do that. The backup file of iPhone contacts on iTunes is SQlitedb file, which is not allowed to be previewed or be restored to your iPhone.

Then what you should do? A third-party iPhone contacts recovery maybe your last choice. Here we recommend the FoneLab and Mac FoneLab, which is one iPhone Contacts Recovery software, it can restore your lost contacts, messages, notes, bookmarks, etc from your iPhone, iTunes Backup or iCloud Backup with restorable file formats, like .vcf and .csv. Allowing for the case of iPhone or system crash. Here we take Recover from iTunes Backup File for example.

Step 1: Download the FoneLab
when you download, install and launch it, you will see the main interface as below, it provide 3 ways to recover iPhone contacts.

Step 2: Choose Recovery Mode and enter scanning process
Here, we choose "Recover from iTunes Backup File", it will detect all the data that your iTunes ever backup automatically, Then select the correct iPhone type you have stored and click "Start Scan" and then it will enter scanning process.

Step 3: Extract iTunes backup and Recover Contacts
After minutes of scanning, all backup files will be extracted and shown on the left. Click "Contacts", you will see all the contacts info on the right side. Select the contacts that you need to restore and then click "Recover" button and save the contacts to your computer.

Plus, if you want to transfer the .vcf and .csv(contacts file format) to iPhone, you need another tool: TunesGo, you can check it.

Tags: Restore iPhone contacts after crash, iPhone lost contacts after crash, iPhone crash lost contacts

Read More:
How to transfer iPhone to Mac?
Samsung Galaxy Contacts Recovery
Recover deleted contacts from iPhone
Recycle bin on Samsung Galaxy
How to transfer contacts from blackberry to iphone?